Easy cooking: easy peasy bread

I found a tutorial on craftster a while ago, describing how to make bread that you don't have to knead (Super Easy No-Knead Homemade bread by MissingWillow)
I was happy to hear (well read) that 'cause I have been always thinking about making my own bread, but with the lack of a breadmachine, it was impossible. Not any more ^^
Yesterdaymorning I started preparing the dough and at 10 pm I baked my very first bread ^^.
Here's it rising in the oven ^^ It started to look like a little monster who was awakening in my oven XD.

Done and cooled. I love the shape, it just doesn't seem like bread.



It tastes pretty good! My mum was surprised with the flavor. Next time have to add some more salt though.
Here's a list with tips if you want to try it yourself:

  • Instead of dry yeast as MissingWillow used, I accidentally bought fresh yeast... if you are using that. Firstly do not ever! put salt directly onto fresh yeast, this will stop it from working so your bread isn't going to rise. With using fresh yeast (48 gr), crumble the yeast in a little bowl, add 100 ml handwarm water, 2 tablespoons of flour and 1 spoon of sugar (these are not additional ingredients, I took them from the amount ingredients already in the recipe) Stir is really well. Add the salt and stir some more. Put it away on a warm place and let it sit for about 5 min. Than add it to the flour like said in the recipe.
  • Because I worked with fresh yeast, I couldn't put the whole amount of sugar in the yeastmixture so I put it in the warm water. To be honest... I forgot to add the sugar... so when my dough was ready, I saw my little bowl of sugar standing on the table, went Oops ^^; added water to the sugar and added it to the dough. 
  • I forgot to butter my ovenshape... so when I took the bread out of the oven, it stuck. So don't forget it ^^. Butter the shape, add flour evenly and place the dough on top.
Hope this helps a bit. If you made it, let me know!
I'll certainly make this again!