Drama Review: You're Beautiful

You're Beautiful

Korean drama 

Actors
Jang Geun Suk as Hwang Tae Kyung
Park Shin Hye as Go Mi Nam / Go Mi Nyu
Lee Hong Ki as Kang On Yu / Jeremy
Jung Yong Hwa as Kang Shin Woo

Tags
Romance, Music, Confusion

Story
The management company of the idol group A.N.JELL insisted on adding a new singer to the group as the lead vocal, Tae Kyung's voice was hurting. However,the new member, Mi Nam, had to go to the States to repair a botched eye job just before signing the contract. His agent came up with the idea of having his twin sister, Mi Nyu,to stand in for him and pretend that she was her brother. The two of them grew up in an orphanage and Mi Nyu, who was all set to become a nun, agreed to this charade as she didn't want to spoil her brother's chance of fame which would make it easier to look for their mother. (source, 'cause I couldn't have said it better)

What do I think?
I normally watch more Japanese drama's but because this was at the top on dramacrazy and I wanted to take a little break from the Japanese ones I started watching You're Beautiful.
What can I say... I LOVED the whole thing! The cast, the actors and the story!
This drama reminded me very much of Hana Yori Dango and Hana kimi. A combination of a girl who has to pretend she a guy and two people who love each other but don't admit it.
Do you know the American Movie "She's the man?" Well, 'You're beautiful' takes that story to a higher level.
The chemistry between Tae Kyung and Go Mi Nyu is great! I also really loved the supporting actors like Jeremy and Kang Shin Woo. They have great acting especially when *no spoilers!* Some of them are crazy like Go Mi nam's manager who's imagination takes lot's of weird loops sometimes :D. 
I LOVED the songs they used in the drama as main songs of A.N.jell (hence the 10 points for music)
This drama made me tear up a couple of times and also made me scream in delight.
I'm definitely recommending this one if you like comedy, singing and very cute guys! I'd love to re-watch this very soon!

In one sentence
Pigrabbit!

Riechan's values:
Music: 10/10
Acting: 9/10
Story: 9/10: not a 10 because the ending wasn't as satisfying as I would have liked.

Happy wappy: 6/10
Fight: 2/10
Blood and Gore:0 /10
Tears: 5/10

Pictures





Want to see?
Watch it at Drama Crazy

Was this review useful to you? Let me know!


Comments