When her birthday was coming, it was the perfect time to make it!
A while ago I bought a few little records (don't know what they are called, but the little ones) on a flea market and they were perfect for her beginning earring collection.
Yes, I made my earring holder out of a old record !
And you get even a very quick tutorial.
1. grab your Dremel* and put the drill thing on top of it
2. Get your safety glasses and bind a kitchentowel before your mouth
3. Make holes in your plate with the dremel. (make one hole, than try if you get your earring through the hole, if not, get a bigger drill thing)
4. Make 2 bigger holes on top of you plate (so you can put a ribbon through it to hang your holder)
4. Let it cool
5. Embellish it with everything you can find!
6. Admire your work and get searching for your earrings to
*If you don't have a dremel, you can do this by using a heated nail but BE CAREFUL! and open all your windows in the room 'cause unlike working with the dremel, this method causes toxic fumes.
the record is found in my city
the ribbon and lace are from Australia
the cat is drawn from a picture I found at Deviantart
(I forgot to favourite her drawing, but I really want to give her credit so if you know who draw a cat like this, leave it in the comments, I'll look some more on Deviantart)
Better view of the kitten, it's made with a black marker and aquarelpaint.
And these are a pair of earrings I made, charms used are a key and a locked heart and 2 cherry red pearls.
What do you think?
Here's my list of 50 projects in 2010
Location: at home
Music: Saint Louis Blues