My first tries at nail art.

During the holidays I was spending some time on the internet searching for nail art tutorials, (useful links below)
After that I bought new nail polish, black and blue metalic colours.
Than I got all of my 
mums other polish out of the closet, most colours were red, pink, and red and pink ...
And this is what I got after letting all of the polish go wild on my nails.
I don't have any fancy nail brushes (I can't find those thin one anywhere around here...), just using a thin paint brush.

Black with a blue wavy line
Blue with black dots
Blue
Cherry red (ring and pinky finger)






Cherry red with white sakura flowers
Cherry red with black stripes and white dots (was going to a look like Mondrian's paintings)
Light glittery pink with cherry red dots
Tried a grading shade here, from bright pink to cherry red
Black with stripes of pink and light glittery pink





This were my nails for Christmas, I was going for little sakura flowers, colours I used are cherry red - black - white




Here are my New year nails:

Found some inspiration in the Japanese magazine Nail up! (thankyou Violet Le Beaux!) It's completely dedicated to Nails (natural and fake) I love it!




You can find scans of it everywhere on livejournal (useful links, scroll down)
I wanted to go for a for a brushed out look (am I making sense?)

without flash


with flash



Useful links about nail art:
Blogs:
Nails by asami tutorials for creating fake nails
Nail Art Tuesday : tutorials on natural nails
Mini nail blog 
Never too much glitter : : tutorials for creating lovely fake nails + pictures of Japanese nail art
Ask me what's : tutorials for beginners (look at the tags on the right)
Create Magical nails :
 lot's of information about at home nail designs & treatments


Shops:
Nails étoile 
Pretty nails


Links to livejournal groups which post Nail up!, Nail max scans for you to download (could this title be any longer?)
Ann & Michy
Kawaii Miss Lyss' Japanese Magazine scan downloads
Japanese Fashion Magazine scans (Nail up)
Japanese Fashion Magazine scans (Nail up!)



Mood: Normal
Location: at my dorm
Music: Arahis ~ A.RA.Shi

Comments